Vacancies will be posted here and on the Kent Teach Website
Caretaker / Handyperson
Mersham Primary is looking for an enthusiastic, caring, conscientious and self-motivated Caretaker / Handyperson willing to take an active role in maintaining high standards of care, cleanliness, maintenance and support for the regular functions of the school. The role also includes lunchtime supervision.
Hours: 8.00am-4.30pm (37 hrs per/week) £16,968 -£17,826 depending on experience
The successful candidate should possess good inter-personal skills, be self-motivated, team-orientated and be willing to contribute to wider school activities Candidates will be required to have a good knowledge of DIY and be prepared to undertake training.
Experience of undertaking a high standard of decoration, general repairs, and maintenance of furnishings, fittings, buildings and knowledge of plumbing would be a significant advantage, though some training will be available.
Mersham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share that commitment. Successful candidates will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS check
Mersham Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
You can find out more about the school at www.mersham.kent.sch.uk. If you would like further details or want to arrange a tour, please contact the school office on 01233 720449.
For further information please visit: https://www.kent-teach.com/Recruitment/Vacancy/VacancyDetails.aspx?VacancyId=60113
Careers at Mersham Primary School
We believe that Mersham Primary School is an inspirational place to work and forge a career, whether as Teaching, Support or Administration staff. We have strong links with our community and continually work to maintain and improve our high standards.
Working at Mersham
- A friendly and supportive team which champions children’s well-being
- A very well resourced and attractive environment with fantastic and well behaved children
- A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for all learners
- A varied and enriched creative curriculum with particular emphasis on outdoor learning, music and the arts
- Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- Skilled teaching assistant support
- Excellent induction and a support programme for all teachers new to the school